The most concrete of abstracts.
- Decide where this will be submitted.
- Is the conference appropriate for this topic?
- Is the session appropriate for this topic?
- Consider your audience.
- Decide the scope. Do you have enough time before the conference to get the work done?
- Confirm the speaker. If the abstract is accepted into the conference, who will give the talk?
- Confirm travel.
- Confirm the authors. Give all authors ample opportunity to opt-out, read, and revise the document before submission.
The conference abstract should describe a talk that you would give.
Conferences vary in terms of formatting requirements. Follow the formatting guide provided by the conference. ANS conference abstracts should use the ANS Transactions style.
- Allow authors to opt-out, read, and revise before submission.
- Submit it and wait for feedback.
- If accepted:
- Put the upcoming presentation on the arfc website under ‘presentation.’
- Consider creating a Zenodo or Figshare DOI for your abstract.
- Put the abstract in the Zotero library as a ‘presentation’ object.