Creating a Poster
The difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. -- Adam Savage
The constraints of the poster will be determined by the event coordinator. Before you start, make sure you know :
- The recommended size.
- How your poster will be attached to the stand.
- The likely audience.
A LaTeX-beamer-based poster template for ARFC appears here.
Rules of the Poster
- Bullets, tables, and figures are preferred, rather than text.
- A viewer should be able to read all text from 5 feet away.
- Paragraph style text should be avoided.
- The title, authors, and affiliations should be in large font.
- Visual variation (outlined boxes, bold or colorful text) should draw the eye to important points.
- A left-to-right and top-to-bottom flow of information should be maintained.
- Only essential equations should appear.
- All variables should be defined clearly at first use.
- Avoid acronyms.
- Review the Writing Checklist